Thursday, October 15, 2009

Update!

Hello! I haven't updated in FOR EV ER (name the movie) people have been telling me to update, but now I finally have a reason to update. What to know why? Ok.

Shakespeare and A White Christmas.

I have been so busy. Seriously, its crazy. I've had tons of homework plus rehearsals everyday for Shakespeare Company, and , oh yeah, auditions for A White Christmas.

But I survived

Being on Shakespeare Company was so much fun! Even though the rehearsals was fun, going up to Shakespeare Fest. and competing there was the best thing ever! I made friends on that trip and I gained lots of confidence. Also, it made me realize that Tuacahn is pretty legit, and we're awesome!!! At the High School Shakespeare Competition in Cedar City(which is the only one in the WORLD> yeah. intense) anyways, at the competition we won five trophies! We got 2nd place for our Ensemble Dance and we took 1st in our Duo dance piece. Then, our Titus ensemble scene took 2nd (Hillcrest...we will win next year, just you wait) and our Richard Duo scene took FIRST! WOO. go Taylor and Heather they're awesome. But the best thing was that we won Sweepstakes. That means overall we got the highest points. We got 88/90. out of 91 schools we got the highest score. YEAH! :D

Anyways, So that was last weekend, and last Tuesday was auditions for A White Christmas.
ok
let me tell you a little about that.

90 plus people auditioned and the cast is about 50 people. So 40 people didn't get in. Also, Jan and Andy (the directors and crazy amazing people) said it was mostly Jrs. and Seniors getting in.
ok

so I auditioned with Happy to Keep his Dinner Warm from How to Succeed... and the monologue Dancing on Eggshells. The panel seemed impressed with my song and mono. I just don't think I did so hot on my dance audition. So I was stressing, cause I totally didn't think that i would make it.

then Today., they posted the cast list. Everyone went during a class and was like "ah! i made ensemble and Show Kidz" then I would ask anxiously ask if they saw my name. and they would reply with " no, i didn't check." So I kinda freaked out that I didn't make it, but all my friends did. that would be sad day. So I rushed out of dance, changed, and ran to the call board. I pushed myself through a group of students and look under the cast list for "Ensemble and Show Kidz" I couldn't see my name!! I double checked. so then, even though I knew the inevitable. I looked under the "Leads and Supporting Role' cast list.
and




MY NAME WAS THERE!

YES, I'm a sophomore, and I got a SPEAKING part, AND I have my OWN song. :D OH MY GOSH> I am so shocked and excited. and nervous. Most of the people I work with are Seniors who are all amazing and then there's little Laura. the sophomore. who no one knows. oh my goodness. oh, and I'm playing a 9 year old...
haha
but yeah.
something that exciting. I"m the only sophomore who got a supporting lead! everyone else is Seniors and a couple Jrs. OH MY GOSH! :D

i am so excited :) Rehearsal start on tuesday. who's excited? I am.

1 comment:

Shelby Boyer said...

I'm excited!!!!!!!! Yay for my beautiful blonde sister who kicks trash!!!